Although fairly durable, care must be taken around glass sinks. If a glass sink is chipped or cracked, it cannot be glued back together.
The whole unit must be replaced which can be expensive.
Follow these instructions for cleaning a glass sink:
- Clean with plain water or glass cleaner
- Try to wipe the sink after each use to prevent water spots, especially if you have hard water
- Do not use abrasive bathroom cleaners because it may scour or dull the glass
- Do not install a glass sink in an environment where the temperature has not been regulated
- Do not use metal of steel objects around the sink because sink will chip if object is dropped
- If water is too hot to touch, it is too hot to be in your glass sink. Extremely hot water will cause the sink to crack or shatter.
If you take care of your glass sink, it will continue to add style and elegance to your bathroom for many years.
Back glass sinks page
Back to sink materials page